1. How long have you been with Triton Power?
I have worked for Triton Power for one year and four months, but I have been in the generator industry for over ten years.
2. Why did you join the company?
I became part of the Triton Power team because I admire the company’s business model and policies. Working with engines is something I am very passionate about.
3. What’s your favorite part of working for Triton Power?
Interacting with my colleagues, overcoming the technical issues that arise, and the opportunity to visit places I wouldn’t have known on my own, from remote but charming towns in the Midwest to enchanting private islands in the Bahamas.
4. What is your current position?
I am the Service Manager.
5. What do you like most about the generator industry?
To be honest, the constant challenge. There is never a shortage of surprises, and I am constantly forced to think outside the box to resolve them.
6. What inspires you to come to work every day?
My family and knowing I will have a positive impact on the company, as every
member of our team has a pivotal role to play in the overall success of it.
7. If you could choose anyone as a mentor, who would you choose and why?
Eric Johnston, our CEO. He has excellent leadership skills, is very business savvy, and is a tremendous human overall.
8. What advice would you give someone wanting to enter the generator industry?
For entering the industry, focus on the core concepts and principles, literally the basics. Never be afraid to ask why; most of all, keep safety a top priority.
9. What’s one thing you learned — industry-related or not — in the last month?
I learned the diesel block heater’s application, implementation, and installation.
Mike is a valuable asset to our team!